The Borgo Scopeto is a real estate complex dating back to 1500 composed of fifteen buildings covering a total area of approx. 5,000 square meters, with parking, tennis courts, and a swimming pool surrounded by 300 hectares of land consisting of vineyards and olive groves, all in the heart of Chianti. The building renovation was completed in 2009, and has substantially affected all the buildings that are part of the “village”, which have only been partly used since the 1950s, and the renovation has led it to become a 5-star hotel and tourist centre. In a state of partial abandonment, the work involved structural, architectural, and logistical components. Extensive consolidation, and internal and external redistribution and reconstruction were carried out, while respecting the origin and context of the buildings and of the building complex itself, and preserving its original external appearance. Considering the final use for which the complex was intended, it has been equipped with all the technologically advanced comforts and a level of extra luxury for the architectural choices, both in terms of the finishes and materials used. The hand-crafted Tuscan stone and terracotta floors, the thrifty restoration of the internal decorations and frescoes, the restoration of the facades and roofs, represent only a small, visible part of the huge amount of restoration work carried out.
Castelnuovo Berardenga (Siena)
Historical context and renovations